If your anything like me and love entertaining then you will love my tips for creating a gorgeous table! First impressions count! Making your guests feel at home with gorgeous surroundings is half the battle!
When I was a little girl I would always have tea parties with all of my dolls. Decades later and I still love entertaining! I love throwing tea parties for my girlfriends, it’s the perfect backdrop to gossip, indulge and be girls again!
These are some of the things that inspire me, including my recipe for Banoffee Cupcakes!
60g unsalted butter. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). 70g soft brown sugar.1 egg, beaten. Beat the butter and sugar together in a bowl until 1 ripe banana, mashed. creamy, then beat the egg. Fold in the mashed 115g self-raising flour. banana, then sift the flour into the mixture & fold 50g chewy toffees, chopped. in, followed by the toffees.
180 ml double cream, whipped. Spoon the mixture into the paper cases and bake 3-4 tblspoons Dulce de Leche. for about 16 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool. 1 banana, sliced.a 12 hole cup cake tin To decorate, swirl the cream on the cakes, then lined with 12 paper cases drizzle with Dolce de Leche and top with banana!
There is nothing more beautiful than a gorgeously styled coffee table. It’s the perfect place to display all of your lovely nic-naks and coffee table books, not hiding them away on a bookshelf. I found these lovely pics, which give you perfect inspiration along with my tips to create this in your home 🙂
1. Play with colour and scale. Stacking smaller books on top of larger ones creates height and interest. Flowers are a great choice to accent colours from either your books, or from your interior.
2. Use decorative pieces. Any cute, small decorative pieces you have picked up at the markets, vintage shop or even at auction should be displayed on your coffee table… the qwirkier the better! I especially love that little crab! 🙂
3. Keep it simple. Use shades and textures which compliment each other: Glass, crystal and metals look fab together… so do enamel, matt and gemstones… choose one accent pieces and keep the rest complimentary!
4. Don’t forget about the coffee table! Having a gorgeously styled coffee table will not hide an ugly canvas… Pick a table that will compliment your room. One of the best tips I can give those of you who have invested in a fabulous rug is to invest in a lovely glass coffee table, allow the rest of the elements in your room sing too 🙂
What do you think? This look would be quite easy to recreate in your own apartment as it’s a great choice for space conscious apartment dwellers!
1) OK, so your going to need to get a cowhide rug: You can buy these new at many stores starting from around $500. If you’re a little more money tight you can try Paddy’s Markets in Sydney or search at second furniture places like the type you’ll find in Newtown. vegetarian and not digging the idea of walking on cow skin? No problems you can find plenty of synthetic cow hides for a fraction of the price online.
2) Recycled wood coffee Table: Many different styles are available in this style, especially since the raw wood industrial theme seems to be rather popular in furnishings at the moment. I’m looking at a great one from Country Trader:
Country Trader coffee table RRP: $4,400.
3) The eclectic stools: Look online or at thrift stores- get ones with lots of personality, these can double as sidetables, as well as stools when you have friends over!
4) Great simple sofa: This sofa works so well because it is very simple but has been upholstered in an individual type of fabric. Look for furniture stores online that offer custom upholstery, or you can go with one of my favourites: JIMMY POSSUM!